The AIIM Golden Gate Chapter is holding an E-Discovery Lunch and Learn panel on reducing cost and risk via in-house E-Discovery. We’ve assembled a well-rounded expert panel, representing both inside and outside counsel to discuss and share their experiences with you. The event is being held in San Francisco at Duane Morris and will cover the following topics:
- Is the trend to move E-Discovery in-house increasing? Why?
- Can technology reduce time and costs across the E-Discovery process? How?
- Can we reduce risk through early data assessment? How?
- Can private cloud computing technology improve in-house E-Discovery? How?
- Can we successfully implement an in-house E-Discovery process? How?
The speakers include:
- George Socha, President, Socha Consulting LLP (moderator)
- Browning Marean, Senior Counsel, DLA Piper
- Adam Sand, General Counsel, ZL Technologies
- Eric J. Sinrod, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- Mark Sweeney, Litigation Counsel, Pacific Gas & Electric
- Reg Thompson, Senior Corporate Counsel, Netflix
This should be an especially interesting panel given the background of the participants and the high interest in moving E-Discovery in-house to manage growing volumes of litigation, as shown in surveys by Fulbright & Jaworski and Enterprise Strategy Group. In the Fulbright 6th Annual Litigation Trends Survey, 47% of respondents planned on bringing components of E-Discovery in-house to reduce the costs of E-Discovery. Similarly, 48% of respondents in the ESG Trends in Electronic Discovery survey had active projects to bring parts of the E-Discovery process in-house. Additionally, in the ESG survey, 73% of respondents indicated they had plans to bring portions of the E-Discovery process in-house and it will be interesting to hear about some of these projects.
Please join us for this informative discussion. More information is available in the announcement below and the registration page.
Update: We had a great event with a strong turn out. I’d like to thank everyone who attended and participated in putting on this event.